Sign in to follow this  
Happy

Discussion about PvP rewards in 3v3 bracket

The following post is a contribution of the player Eltupi, who is currently unable to create a forum account, since there is no validation email.

Hello guys.
First of all the reward and end of season announcement came kinda surprising. In my opinion announcing the end just 1.5 weeks before the actual end is too short of a time for the arena teams to get to their desired rating etc. But this post isn't supposed to be about that.

About the 3v3 bracket:
1. The 5th best team in 3v3 is literally a team that played 10 games ONCE (and won all of those) which should show just how dead the bracket is overall.
2. Even the 4th (nice name btw) and 3rd team are only marginally above that rating and therefore haven't played much more games as well.
3. Since I've seen how 3v3 is played on this server I would basically call it soft wintrading - as it is on most low populations servers. Because you literally have to search for opponents yourself and tell these to queue up. This is usually done just for 10 games and fine for that but now that there are titles in 3s it becomes problematic. If you have to tell guild mates or friends to queue up 3s - while knowing their gear and skill - just to get a queue to pop the ladder is many things, but definitely not competitive. Due to the very low population in this bracket it becomes also insanely easy to dodge someone. Because even if u see someone playing 3s (which is rare enough) and want to que into the two teams doing "friendly 10 games" between each other the "high" rated team can easily stop queing if they feel challenged by your team - mostly without even playing against the better team because their mmr is higher than the start mmr. Thus there are literally zero competitive games in this bracket. Dodging is already in higher rated 2s problematic but in 3s it is impossible to get good games due to the activity in this bracket.
Conclusion: While points 1 and 2 already show how dead the bracket is in first place point 3 demonstrates that the bracket is far away from being competitive and therefore there should be literally no rewards for this bracket.

Since I don't want to just state the bad thing I would also like to make some ideas for solutions. While I don't think the 3v3 bracket is fixable this season it may be possible to at least shift the focus somewhat to it in the upcoming.
- You could host a small tournament between the top 4 or 8 teams in the bracket at the end of the season to determinate the best teams which should get rewards (prob only top 1,2 or 3 teams). This may be still doable because as already said everyone interested can easily play in the top 5 with like 10 games atm. But it is probably still a bad idea for this season because it wasn't announced early enough.
- For the next season you could implement a daily/weekly quest (or every other day) which requires you to play 10 3v3 games (and maybe win like 2-3 of those). The reward for this quest should be: 25-50 arena points, maybe 3k honor and 1-2 of the best available PvE Badge to get some of the PvE player base to participate in the bracket.
- Make some items 3v3-raiting only or/and make the rating requirement in 3s way smaller because the rating will still stay lower than in 2v2. You could also (maybe) implement some PvE-Items (maybe just badge rewards) to be obtainable with arena points and a 3v3 rating.
- You could also double or triple the arena point rewards in 3v3 because since the ratings are way lower as they are in 2s it is not worth for any PvP player to play 3s instead of 2s because you get less arena points.

hi pwp friends ^^^^^^

my thoughts are similar to eltupis looks like he used mind control on me or he copied me loool ^^^^ 😃

skip titles for 3s this season completely or only reward some minor irrelevant titles that still make you feel good like rival or challenger for top 3

reward 3s fully with all titles in s7 and add some minor features to increase activity, these could include things like:

give a daily reward of for example 25 or 50 arena points to players who play atleast 10 games 3vs3 a day, numbers are subject to change. you could increase this reward even further giving the player another 10 points or something like that after they conclude 30 games a day (numbers here are also subject to change based on what seems appropriate since i didnt do the math yet)

add small vanity items that require 3vs3 rating like mounts, pets, tabards, something like that

increase the total number of arena points earned by 3vs3 by 120% giving the players even more incentive to play 3s since they will get a lot of more points

do some tweaks to current item rating requirements, put the T2 weapons or shoulders for like 2000/1950 rating in 3s and see if it increases the activity. (this way you can earn shoulders and t2 weapons from either 2vs2 or 3vs3)

remove the gold cost of 3vs3 arena team creation or lower it to make it easier to start

put the deadly weapons (furious in s7) up for 3vs3 really low rated like 1200 or 1300  just so people do some games. also subject to change if the community wants to set the rating requirement of furious weapons in s7 to 1500 rating or something like that its also completely fine

just so u get some ideas of what you can implement to revive the bracket, in the end its up to the player base tho to accept it

if all of this fails you could also go full ham on 2s bracket and implement these changes there to make even more people play arena at all which would also be a huge fun factor increase cuz theres hardly any private server that was able to get the 3s bracket as active as 2s

Im positive that 3v3 will never work as an active bracket on this server with the current population of arena players. In 2v2 there are barely enough teams to fill the queue, on most hours of the day noone is even queueing at all. If 3v3 would be much more rewarding than 2v2 and the playerbase splits to both brackets, non of them will be active enough for regular games and competition. Its common knowledge that 3v3 on privat servers is not as popular as 2v2 and even on servers with 5-10 times the population of Omegawow, 3v3 is not actively played.

The custom quest for bonus rewards to increase regular arena activity are a good idea and might be considered for the 2v2 bracket to increase overall activity.