Sign in to follow this  
Kefkoe

Pvp ranking reduced to only top5 teams.

Greetings,

Can i ask why the ranking has been reduced to only the top5 teams? I found it rather cool to see the top25. 

• Like 1

It is in every players interest to see a detailed arena ladder. Anyone opening the tab is interested about either hks or the arena ladder. The only two reasons for this change i can think of are either the aim of having more organized overview over the pvp statistics or that in their opinion the arena activity of the top 25 teams is not high enough to openly display it.

Well, we had it at the end of the season just so everyone could get a good look of where they're standing in terms of rewards, but when scaled it back to its original top 5 once that was done. I don't recall Blizzard have a permanent arena ladder available (though if I'm wrong, please do correct me), and people could start arena dodging harder when they cross-reference the list with which teams are currently online and playing; if they see they're in real close rating to them, they're likelier to get matched, but if one easily knew this could happen they could dodge easier.

Open to counter-arguments

11 hours ago, Noxious said:

Well, we had it at the end of the season just so everyone could get a good look of where they're standing in terms of rewards, but when scaled it back to its original top 5 once that was done. I don't recall Blizzard have a permanent arena ladder available (though if I'm wrong, please do correct me), and people could start arena dodging harder when they cross-reference the list with which teams are currently online and playing; if they see they're in real close rating to them, they're likelier to get matched, but if one easily knew this could happen they could dodge easier.

Open to counter-arguments

Players start to dodge when they see they cant win after a match, not because someone is high rated. Seeing a high rated team is usually even more encouraging because you can gain more when you win and wont lose much if you dont. With friendlists and alts on different accounts on the other faction and /who list, anyone can dodge or snipe as they like.

A ladder on a homepage is common and supports arena activity and rivalry, rather than stopping players from playing against each other.

The arena ladder on retail has been there since the dawn of time. You might check this link:
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/214801-old-arena-ladders/
The link proves that arena ladders were available in the armory even in tbc.