Sign in to follow this  
Nadrii

DoT Tracking

/wave y'all,

I've thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread (couldn't find any forums specifically for classes / addons) for us DoT based classes about what addons we use to keep track of our primary DPS abilities - our DoT's.
It could be a good comparison for experienced ones to discuss, as well as a good start for the newer ones to maximize their performance.

Being a shadowpriest myself, I'll start with the addon i am using for a while, which is "ShadowPriestDotTimer" Addon introduced in Cataclysm, but it can easily be adjusted to 3.3.5.
Basically it looks something like this:

yH5KJfy.png

It shows the remaining duration on Vampiric Touch, Devouring Plague and Shadow Word: Pain, as well as the remaining cooldown on our Mind Blast.
Neat thing is that colors actually change to green when any of the DoT's are about to expire, and it looks like this:

E9wmMqO.png

This can help you organize when to refresh Vampiric Touch / Devouring Plague (SW:P should constantly be up as most of us know).

That's the addon i use, feel free to contribute to this thread with your own timer / customization! Which one is the one YOU use, and why would YOU recommend it to other players?

Much love, Nadrii

I recommend Weakauras or TellMeWhen as perception addons to use they are highly customizable will solve your problems. However, it takes time to learn them. By the way, you don't have to set those icons side by side. Since you can only use one skill at a time (due to GCD) you can arrange them to show one by one by their priority. That would be a more neat way to organize and focus.

I could share you the shadowtimers  addons that is for the 3.3.5 also that addon is quite easy to be edited for other classes aswell

Posted (edited)

I'd like to sugguest BOL Tracker for paladins. It tracks Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield (both duration + timer).

Edited by iTz R34LiTYz