BlazeT

Is it just me or is pvp like. really terrible.

so... lately I've been quite worried about the situation with pvp. 
how do i explain this... 
the lack of pvp is not okay for a horde player (like me)
the queues take so long cause nobody. literally nobody queues for battlegrounds as horde. (example 11 alliance vs 1 horde in queue)
and even if we get in a battleground. it's usually ~70% of the time that Alliance wins, cause 1) people complain, 2) people don't even teamwork 3) randomly leave/participate literally nothing (roleplay, refuse to kill opposite faction) unknown.png <- here is one example. unknown.png this is the same queue but 10-15 minutes later.

sidenote. the only battleground the horde is good at or take seriously.. is Wintergrasp. that's it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is happening because of Blizzard never balanced racial skills. It is more concrete on classes they never tried to balance out things instead created `meta` classes at different time intervals. It is a commercial act to keep players in the game by each time grinding a different class.

Rational people do not have any sentimental bound with characters. Their choice is mostly dependent on numbers. Racials in wow are not balanced contrarily, overweighting on different aspects. Human `Every man for himself` is imbalanced PvP skill and people who want to PvP are aware of it. Therefore, whose their ultimate goal is glory in PvP creating their character as Alliance [human specifically]. On the contrary, if you are a man of PvE we clearly see the racial skill domination on Horde skills such as `Berserking`, `Bloodlust` increased stamina, attack power, etc.

This is one of the game mechanic problems of WoW I believe; it can be faded away as long as you have more casual players who seek every aspect game without considering much about numbers. However, after 10 years of the expansion people who still play are more determined than before on certain goals.

I am not sure if it could be balanced wisely by encouragement [maybe rewarding] without unbalancing the entire game mechanics.

Note: Wintergrasp exception is because its directly related with PvE [VoA]

Edited by Orthrin

I would've disabled racials from the start of the server if I knew people would be so desperate to minmax for PvP.

xFaction BGs need to come back, I get that the devs are focusing heavily on Ulduar atm which is fine but they really need to make xFaction BGs a high priority again so players (especially horde players) dont get the perception they will always loose, be in hour+ long queues, and get more activity overall.

But then, there are no rules requiring players to partake in PvP activities. A PvP realms means that you automatically get flagged in contested zones, not that the main focus of the server are Battlegrounds and Arena, as much as it might displease some of you. If player A has little interest in them, he will maybe queue for a bg or two, get demoralized by the queue time or the result, and just stop. If player B has zero interest, he will not take part in either.

And there is no way you can force them to play more, nor they deserve to be less part of the community.
Do find a way to re-enable crossfaction battlegrounds if it will be healthier for the server, but I do not believe it's a matter of min-maxing. The problem is that a part of the population is simply not interested, and they tend to concentrate in one of the factions.

Comeback. Xfaction.

Its so annoying to w8 half and hour for a bg that will close on 5 minutes.

The server is awesome. No bugs, but no pvp. If there is any incentive to queue bgs more than once would be an option. 

Don't missunderstand me. The server is great, but if it conforms with that we might lose some % of new members to the server.

Last weak was double exp and call to arms on bg Eye of the storm. Was full, 70- 79 Bracket, this week with Valley of Alterac was none. That's a point to check in my opinion.

I am very happy with the server. I love pvp, but if there is anyway to promote pvp or at least play it more often would be nice.

Greetings.

Pd: I hope you can understand my poor english.

The crossbg totally messed up the arena unitframes. They can't just put it back. 

Hi, is there any timescale of when the xfaction will be re-enabled in pvp?

also, unsure if it even possible, but to better incentivize the horde players, would an increase in honour gains not be more appealing? EG: 3x honour instead of 2x?

Atleast until the xfaction is re-enabled etc.

Hey,

Now that xfaction is enabled again,

The arena unit frames are messing up again...

Gladius loses the frames, my focus target keep on disapearing (like when a mage does mirror images for example), i have to manually put a focus on again and can't use arena addons (ie : gladius) to do so.

It's not the biggest issue ever but its quite annoying when you time a "go" and lose your focus so your /cast [target=focus] macros won't work, or when you don't see the cast of the ennemy team on gladius...

Did you find a connection between xfaction and this arena frames issue ?

If the staff could look at what is wrong with arena frames when xfaction is enabled, it would be awesome.

Cheers

@Hurii

I do have a question myself: how messed up are the basic arena frames compared to the Gladius ones? Equally?

Gladius uses the Blizzard arena unit frames. Commands with [@arena1] aren't using gladius as reference, but the usual arena unit frames. Whenever the Blizzard arena unit frames bug out, gladius does too.

Hey guys, this issue has been resolved and will be pushed to live today. Thank you for your patience!

Posted (edited)

Is the fix live yet? Because the bug with the arena frames is still there.

Update: Worked fine today, since the arena spectator was disabled

Edited by Happy

We are asking for additional information if the problem with Arena Frame still occurs, apparently the problem still has somewhere an additional issue which we couldn't find it.

We will be grateful for any information.

yday we was playing a lot of games , and frames started to bug out for couple games, i did relog and next game evrything was perfect , not sure if it was coincidence but relog fixed it for next few games