Sign in to follow this  
Noxious

Ulduar: In-Depth Feedback

I've been told this isn't the only Ulduar test we'll have before the release so I'd like to give out some some ideas on how to improve testing process. Ulduar is a raid that takes long time to clear, especially with 25 people, so it would be nice to have some tools to help us do it faster.
Vendors were nice but it would have been even better if there were tools available to players that could do Mass Resurrections, provide buffs to HP, movement speed and permanent healing, as well as some way to respawn bosses, maybe with NPC next to teleports or boss rooms. This way all mechanics could be tested efficiently and fast, without having the raid spend around 40 minutes on running back, buffing or waiting for a GM to reset instance just to test 1 boss again. An average guild should be able to clear Ulduar in 2 days with 3h raid but people wont have that time for PTR while they also raid on live.

• Like 1

I can't remember then name of the mob, but you'll know them when i describe them...

They're before Algalon room, Iron Council room and come as a singular mob. They are really tall and look like they have a hood on. they summon a ball of light that does AoE damage... You know the mob?

Yeh, for whatever reason, that mob instantly kills my fire totem.

Made a video to show you (Totems in middle of screen beneath my character). 

Did not have too much time to test, I can only add a few minor glitches:

@Ignis 25man - gear not relevant

Iron constructs speed issue:

Iron Construct - Iron Constructs brought to ground scorched by Scorch, will gain stackable spell_fire_fire.gif Heat buff, which increases their movement speed and haste by 5 per application. If Iron Constructs gain 10 stacks of Heat, they will become spell_fire_incinerate.gif Molten, increasing their haste by 100% and inflicting 1,885 to 2,115 Fire damage every 1 second to enemies within 7 yards. Molten Iron Constructs can be brought to water, which causes them to become spell_frostresistancetotem_01.gif Brittle and unable to perform any action for 20 seconds.

What we experienced:

Constructs also received a massive movement speed buff, think in scale of charge. With the aggro reset they have, constructs instantly oneshot healers.

@Flame Leviathan 25man - gear not relevant

There we're times when our ranged or melee DPS couldn't hit the towers when "mounted" on Levi. Probably the same bug as Sons of Hodir quest chain where u kill the drake ppl at Thorim.

Also, questions:
I heard this is the unnerfed Ulduar - what does this mean exactly? Release day Ulduar, or end of 3.1? There we're many week 1-2 nerfs/fixes/buffs so it would be nice to know.
What is the plan with T7 content movind forward? It would be nice to get the nerfs removed, as most of us has already farmed the shit out of it and only need 1-2 items per player, and also have the requirements removed for EOE or atleast we can teleport to Sapphiron instantly. This will also get us more time to progress and help smaller, younger guilds to catch up a bit.

Posted (edited)

6a1aab7a5ecd60e75131d06a1d521fe1-png.jpgfb727dc57b9753bbc04d2aea3bd2858c-png.jpg

That is proof of kill and loot from said kill on FL HM

If you clear a HM you should get something from the HM loot table and runed orbs guaranteed. XT and FL did neither on 25So for instance is FL HM is cleared the loot table should be 2 piece regular loot 1 piece HM loot and anywhere from 1-2 runed orbs. Also increased shard drop chance.

As it stands there was another HM as well that dropped only the HM loot. A GM should be able to re-check the logs and repeat this themselves for the PTR.

Edited by Whompp
  • Like 1