easkyy

About DUALboxing

hello all, im thinking on starting playing here and i want to ask if its allowed to DUALboxing (not 3/4/5 wtv just dualbox) on this server?!

Because i was thinking on leveling a human warrior as main and "on a side" level a mage for food/waters and portals.. 

btw for vets on server playing like 3/4hr a day on long should take to lvl80?

Posted (edited)

Quote from the In-Game Code of Conduct :

• Multiboxing is not allowed in any instance. Multiboxing will generally result in one of the accounts being perma-banned. By multiboxing we mean having two or more accounts logged in at the same by the same person and used for leveling, dungeon runs, PvP etc.
  • Dual-logging is allowed. You can play on one account and at the same time be logged on another to check AH, trade etc.

So, unfortunately, the answer for you is not allowed for leveling.
It is just allowed to log on 2 accounts, stay afk on one to just check AH or something like that- and lvl on the other one.

Edited by Lipstick
typo

Hello there,

I've read server ToS but, i kinda dont get what you triyng to say with it about the multi boxing.

So here is what i would get clear about it: as far as i know multiboxing is controlling 2 or more characters at the same time by using 3rd party software that allows you to (for example press keybind "1" and all opened wow clients cast spell bind). So playing with 2 chars with out using 3rd party software to control them simultaneously, how can this be considered as multiboxing. To play with 2 or more wow clients without using anything else than wow clients how can that be multiboxing. I dont know if you tried to play with 2 chars but if you are interested you will mostlikely fail quite alot times till you get used to. 

Personally I've been playing on other servers and i got used to it to point where i could tank and heal/dps with my both chars. Of course that servers had some limits of it like: 

Joining random df with them, howerver if you formed premade group with player that are fine with you playing with 2 chars then this was allowed.

Next was with PvP, the reason this was forbidden was because it was  considered as win trading cuz lets be real for PvP you have no f***ing chance to win arena vs 2 real opponents because that isnt some scripted pve fight. On other random bg some times you could end up with your 2 ( or more chars) vs solo enemy, that wont be fair at all yet at same time that would be quite unlikely to happen.

And final one was with raiding. It was forbidden with pug raids yet allowed with premade guild groups. In those guild runs you wasnt allowed to roll with both chars for items - example you roll for item but ur roll was low so u roll again with ur other char to win the item. It didnt matter if that guild was using dkp, egpg, lootcouncil, normal rolls or anything.  In case your guild was using epgp or dkp reward system both chars had to be with their own dpk/ep to be fair with other players.

I see that you are concerned with possible exploit of RAF, for that i dunno how u can prevent it. 

So im asking about this simply because 99% of ppl in all servers no matter where  or on what expansion they play, they dont frickin care for anything else than getting BIS for their characters. And here am I looking to do some old school stuff: vanilla raid, tbc dung and raids. No i won't spam in global chats to look for players who never been in those dungs/raids, i will simply try to find ppl from 15 to 30 min and then will proceed on my own.

Most of this non-wotlk content can be done in 2 ways - by bursting the hell out of it (when you are with pugs do cuz they dont like to listen when u try to explain something) and other is by doing the right way following the tactics (in most of the encounters you will get quite better results with just your 2 chars than grp with bunch of pug who know nothing about the fight). Also there are lots of boss encounters where you can go and kill them solo, where full raid group will simply fail because someone didnt do right thing when it was supposed. Pure example for  solo-ing tbc content is killing Kil'jaeden as SOLO Shadow Priest. I dont know how is content in this server since im here in 3-4 days. But for sure im gonna try all content that i killed in other servers. For that reason i will have to use 2 chars atleast in some of the raids and i would be quite pissed off if some pleb report me for simply puttin my second char on follow or random GM decides to port next to me.

So far if your biggest concern is the RAF system i could not use it if I level 2 chars at once or i could use it and play with one char while some of my friends is leveling his alt.   But my biggest fear will remain the situation where random pleb will report you for puting one char on follow to another.

Also idk how exactly you are punishing players, but for example me and my bro are living in same house with same ethernet connection on different pc. What will happen if we level up together with raf system and one of us have to stand up for a minute or 2 to get some water/go to check who is knockin on door/ or have to get doggo for a fast walk to outside so dog can pee or s*** and meanwhile his/mine char is on follow to whoever is still at his pc?

So if it's possible answer me to my "question/concern" about your definition for multiboxing. Would be better to get some feedback from server staff aswell not only players that will simply be like the player above my reply (saying no and quote the part with the multibox stuff in ToS or the way u call it "In-Game Code of Conduct")

Also thanks for spending your time reading this reply. Before you try to counter my for some of my arguments please read it all, i might misspelled something or went aside of the topic i tried to say.

Best regards:

Stanimir Hristov

It is fairly easy for the GMs to distinguish between two players and a dual/multibox.
If you are playing on the same IP as your brother, it shouldn't be an issue.
When it comes down to the technics behind dualboxing, it doesn't really matter. It is not allowed by server staff. They create the server, they create the rules.
Having one stand in AH in a city is fine, so it converting to raid group, as they are not directly interacting/assist each other.

It takes very little time to reach 80 on this server, just look in the discord or the /lfs chat to find someone to RAF with.

19 hours ago, Tisame said:

It is fairly easy for the GMs to distinguish between two players and a dual/multibox.
If you are playing on the same IP as your brother, it shouldn't be an issue.
When it comes down to the technics behind dualboxing, it doesn't really matter. It is not allowed by server staff. They create the server, they create the rules.
Having one stand in AH in a city is fine, so it converting to raid group, as they are not directly interacting/assist each other.

It takes very little time to reach 80 on this server, just look in the discord or the /lfs chat to find someone to RAF with.

I’m keen to quote your last point; finding someone to RAF with. Is this accepted by server rules? Because seriously, that’s not how it was meant to be used by Blizz. If the entire server RAF’s randomly with each other, then why not just allow RAF’ing yourself, lvl on 1 account and then grant lvls to your other account (a.k.a. NOT dualboxing, but still recruit-yourselving, as said wasnt allowed by Noxious I believe).

Allowing people to RAF with others on the server atleast creates more of a social side to things.
The point about granting levels, I am pretty sure that they fixed that now so you can only grant levels to characters you have leveled alongside. (People were selling boosts)

On 3/31/2019 at 7:03 PM, iTz R34LiTYz said:

I’m keen to quote your last point; finding someone to RAF with. Is this accepted by server rules? Because seriously, that’s not how it was meant to be used by Blizz. If the entire server RAF’s randomly with each other, then why not just allow RAF’ing yourself, lvl on 1 account and then grant lvls to your other account (a.k.a. NOT dualboxing, but still recruit-yourselving, as said wasnt allowed by Noxious I believe).

RAF with yourself = you don't meet new friends = goes against community-building

RAF with someone else = you meet a new friend = whole community is homogenized, better interconnected

12 minutes ago, Noxious said:

RAF with yourself = you don't meet new friends = goes against community-building

RAF with someone else = you meet a new friend = whole community is homogenized, better interconnected

Okay, one last thing cuz maybe you didn't read about the part where I asked about vanilla and tbc raids/dungs. Because very few people are interested in them will i end up punished for entering with 2 characters from on computer by me? With only my 2 chars in raid/party grp to farm a single item or mount or whatever?

3 minutes ago, Xshade said:

Okay, one last thing cuz maybe you didn't read about the part where I asked about vanilla and tbc raids/dungs. Because very few people are interested in them will i end up punished for entering with 2 characters from on computer by me? With only my 2 chars in raid/party grp to farm a single item or mount or whatever?

I read everything!

Multiboxing, and specifically doing the same activity with two characters, is not allowed and will not be allowed. There are people interesting in doing old content. They're not that many, but they can be found! Nab some Rogues and go run Black Temple for those glaives, or find people who want to farm the Ashes of Al'ar. There's all sorts of other things that might interest people in doing old content, you just have to take the time to find them.

I'm sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for. You're free to multibox your way through old content, but if someone reports you or a GM somehow ends up tracking you for some reason, it's out of our hands (well, it's in our hands, but it's the only thing our hands, with no alternative hands of options available but de big ban).

19 hours ago, Noxious said:

Clear, thanks!

On 4/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Noxious said:

Multiboxing, and specifically doing the same activity with two characters, is not allowed and will not be allowed.

I have a question related to this: my wife and I play together.  Obviously we share an IP, and because we play together, we're usually questing together or otherwise doing the same activity in the same place.  I worry after reading this and the original CoC post that we might be construed as multiboxing.  But we're just spouses playing on  two computers.  Is this ok?

28 minutes ago, evereveron78 said:

I have a question related to this: my wife and I play together.  Obviously we share an IP, and because we play together, we're usually questing together or otherwise doing the same activity in the same place.  I worry after reading this and the original CoC post that we might be construed as multiboxing.  But we're just spouses playing on  two computers.  Is this ok?

I feel like I've read this exact question word by word before, but my suspicion aside:

Yep, it's alright, but don't do anything that would look like you're multiboxing, such as having one of the characters on /follow, or having one of the characters just tag a mob while the other kills it by itself.